Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Some new paint

 I have always liked the interiors of the newer velos, so shiny and black. My new mango had an unfinished fiberglass grey interior, which didn't look great to me.
So I rearranged some Velcro strips and spray painted the interior, looks great now; it even has a gold metallic sparkle in it.

I also found out that with the new studded tires that I cannot turn in circles as the tires rub on the side of the wheel wells. Plus they are a lot noisier, they sort of hum.
I am on the hunt for an extra 6v battery. I would like to be able to use it also to use as a back up for my iPhone and gps. Stay tuned. I also bought a cup holder to hold my coffee and/or water bottle; I will figure out how to secure it tomorrow
Larry
 

3 comments:

  1. What type of paint did you use? Nice idea to improve the appearance of the interior of your velo. I'm seriously considering doing the same to mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 9000mAh external battery for phone and GPS that can be charged through USB; I use a small travel 4 port USB hub to distribute the power to more than one device at a time. I remove the AC charger when I operate in battery mode and plug it in to recharge the external battery. The whole setup is less than %100 and weight less than 1lb and provides several hours of additional use for your devices. http://richardsolo.com/9000mahmobilecharger.aspx larger and smaller external batteries are also available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry; I just spotted this blog! Congrats on getting the Mango earlier than you originally planned. Looking Good! Contact Ray at Bluevelo. I am sure he will send you a new set of decals.

    ReplyDelete